To obtain maximum enjoyment from a golf course it is essential that a player know the basic rules of golf play, golf etiquette and apply them. The regulations listed below will govern play on the Friendly Valley Country Club courses.
1. Only residents and their guests may use the golf courses. All guests must be accompanied by a resident and must pay the guest fee.
2. On the executive golf course, guests must be brought to the golf starter’s window prior to the start of play. A fee will be charged for each guest as posted at the golf starter’s window and must be paid before teeing off.
3. When the starter is on duty, do not go to the first tee until your name is called. Golfers must check in at the starter’s window before starting at any tee. [Revised 12/30/13]
4. All starting times will be at the discretion of the starter. 5. Motorized golf carts are not allowed on the course.
6. When the host does not play, it is his/her responsibility to ask a member to play with his/her guest. 7. No person is permitted to walk on the golf course unless accompanying players.
8. The rules of golf promulgated by the U.S.G.A. and as amended by local rules will govern play on the course. Those in authority may make such local rules as in their opinion are necessary to maintain the spirit of the game, preserve the course, and expedite play.
9. Each player must have a separate set of clubs.
10. When the course has been closed for needed maintenance or weather conditions, play will not be permitted.
11. Play only one ball on a hole except as permitted by U.S.G.A. rules. A driving net has been provided for practice shots.
12. Slow players must wave following players through when there is a full hole ahead.
13. When play is crowded players should do all that is possible to speed up their play.
14. Let talk and tallying go until arriving at the next tee; leave carts and clubs on the far side of the green being played; move away from green as quickly as possible.
15. The starter shall have the privilege of completing threesomes or foursomes from waiting players. The starter on duty shall permit fivesomes on a non-interference basis.
16. Persons on the executive golf course must be at least 18 years of age. On the Pitch & Putt course children at least 12 years of age shall be allowed to play when accompanied by a resident. Exception: Wednesdays no children before 12:30 p.m. on Pitch & Putt course. A guest fee will be charged per game for each guest.
17. Pets are prohibited on the golf course and golf lounge area at all times.
18. Dress code: Players must wear suitable and appropriate clothing at all times: Sport and golf shirts, collarless shirts with sleeves, and sleeveless shirts with collars, walking shorts, and golf- or soft-soled shoes. Soft-spiked shoes are permitted, but steel-spiked shoes are not allowed. Prohibited: Shoes with heels, short shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, undershirts, bathing suits or bare upper torsos.
19. Repair ball marks on green.
20. Replace turf after taking divots.
21. Rake sand traps after making shot.
22. Leave golf cart or bag 10 feet from and toward rear of green while putting.
23. Abusive language or offensive activities will be grounds for suspension of golf course privileges.
24. Each Wednesday morning to 11:30 a.m. has been designated for men’s play and the availability of the Golf Lounge exclusively.
25. Each Thursday morning to 11:30 a.m. has been designated for ladies’ play and the availability of the Golf Lounge exclusively. 26. Shot Gun starts during open play are only allowed at the discretion of the Starter. With a minimum notice of 24 hours the Golf Starter may post it in the Golf Lounge.